In this handout Satellite image made available by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority on March 20, 2014, objects that may be possible debris of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 are shown in a revised area 185 km to the south east of the original search area. (Photo by DigitalGlobe/AMSA via Getty Images)
Search planes have ended their search for debris from Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 for Thursday.
They'll return to the part of the South Indian Ocean where objects that may be from the jet were reportedly spotted.
Australia's prime minister says objects possibly related to missing Malaysia Airline Flight 370 have been spotted on satellite imagery, it was announced Wednesday night.
One Australian officials say this is the largest object he has seen in satellite imagery, and is about 78 feet long.
They have not yet confirmed whether the imagery is indeed wreckage of the missing Malaysian airliner as they continue their investigation.
They admit that it could take weeks to determine.
Former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Lieutenant Colonel Dan Hampton says if the debris is from the airliner, it doesn't rule out malicious intent.
"If I was going to try to lose an airplane or disappear an airplane that's exactly where it be. I think we were all thinking there'd be a happier ending," Hampton said.
He says the possible motives behind a crash range from a rogue pilot to a counter-intelligence plot.
Hampton says he believes it's unlikely that a fire in the cockpit is behind the disappearance.
This handout Satellite image made available by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority shows a map of the planned search area for missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 on March 20, 2014. (Photo by AMSA via Getty Images)
Four Australian planes, one each from the US and New Zealand, have been searching an area of 600,000 square kilometers.
However, the planes could not confirm any debris during their flyover, with crews blaming poor visibility.
If parts of the missing jetliner turn up in the Indian Ocean, experts say finding all the pieces could take weeks or months.
"Get comfortable because it is going to take a long time to salvage this aircraft if it is in fact this aircraft," Aviation safety expert Matt Robinson said.
Robinson says oceanographers could also be a big help in tracking the ocean currents and path of all the plane debris.
While this appears to be one of the best leads so far, a report that a U.S. Navy aircraft involved in the search made radar hits of possible debris is now being dismissed by the military.
Prime Minister Tony Abbott told Parliament in Canberra that a Royal Australian Airforce Orion has been diverted to the area to attempt to locate the objects.
The Orion is expected to arrive in the area Thursday afternoon. Three additional aircraft are expected to follow for a more intensive search.
Flight 370 vanished during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing almost two weeks ago.
There were 239 passengers on board. The air search will resume tomorrow, weather permitting.
The nearest ships are days away.