Listen Live on  
 

NewsRadio KFBK

Sacramento's News, Weather and Traffic Station
 
 

Restaurant Manager Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

 
Restaurant Manager Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Posted Sunday, February 23rd 2014 @ 5pm  by KFBK News

Police say a 55-year-old restaurant manager has died and more than two dozen others were taken to hospitals after being overcome by carbon monoxide at a restaurant in a New York mall.

A Suffolk County police spokesman identified the man who died Saturday as Steven Nelson, a restaurant manager at the Legal Sea Foods restaurant at the Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station on Long Island. The restaurant is located in a detached building that is part of the mall.

Police said 27 others affected by carbon monoxide were taken to area hospitals. They said four ambulance personnel and three officers were among those overcome by carbon monoxide at the complex, which is about 35 miles east of New York City.

Police Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said the leak appeared to originate with the heating system. Several restaurants at the mall were evacuated as a precaution.

Recommended Stories

More from NewsRadio KFBK

*