From The Sacramento Police Department
The following is a list of things to remember to avoid being scammed.
1. No legitimate banking institution or sweepstakes type institution will ever ask you to provide an upfront fee for any type of payment or prize money.
2. Even if they have some of your vital information never verify that the information is correct or provide additional sensitive information about yourself.
3. Never give personal information to someone over the phone.
4. If you are unsure what to do, call and report all suspicious calls to the Sacramento Police Department.
5. Check with your bank to make sure no one has accessed your account. If you think it might have been compromised, have the bank issue a new account number.
Don't fall for it! ASK BEFORE YOU REACT!