Storm Tax Relief Available in CA

If you're dealing with property damage from California's recent storms and flooding, you might be eligible for property tax relief.  To qualify, you need to file a claim with your county assessor's office within the time specified in your county ordinance or 12 months from the date you suffered damage, whichever is later.

Getty Images

Dan Elliot with the California Franchise Tax Board says, "it has to be damage of at least $10,000 of current market value."  He adds that damaged property can often be reappraised in its current condition, and you could even get a refund. "When you file your claim, your next property tax installment can be deferred without penalty, without interest until the property can be reassessed, and then they'll send you the correct tax bill."

For more information click here


Content Goes Here