Device That Prompted Evacuation Of The Studio Movie Grill Was A Battery

The Rocklin Police Department says the fire in the Studio Movie Grill was caused by a battery. Investigators originally thought the cause was fireworks, but now they say that a battery from an e-cigarette or similar device sparked in someone's pocket. 

About 7 p.m., a movie-goer seated in one of the theater’s upper rows tossed a crackling battery into the audience below. It landed inside another movie-watcher’s cloth purse, but was extinguished before police arrived at the scene.

 No one was injured and the theater suffered no fire damage.

Police say the person who owns the battery ran and they're hoping to find them.

Photo Courtesy of Rocklin Police Department

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content