9 California students have received a top honor for their academic excellence.
U.S. Secretary of Education Dr. Miguel Cardona announced on Monday, May 17, the 2021 class of U.S. Presidential Scholars.
The 57th class of scholars is recognizing 161 high school seniors for their accomplishments in academics, arts, and career and technical education fields.
"The 2021 Presidential Scholars represent extraordinary achievements for our extraordinary times," said U.S. Secretary Cardona. "I am delighted to join President Biden in saluting these outstanding young people for their achievements, service, character and continued pursuit of excellence. Their examples make me proud and hopeful about the future. Honoring them can remind us all of the great potential in each new generation and renew our commitment to helping them achieve their dreams."
These are California's recipients:
- CA - Grace Huh, San Jose - Lynbrook High School
- CA - Donovan Julian Jasper, Granite Bay - Jesuit High School
- CA - Eshani Jha, San Jose - Lynbrook High School
- CA - Allison Sky Park, Sherman Oaks - Harvard-Westlake School
- CA - Arya Pratap, Fremont - Saint Francis High School
- CA - Charlotte Dawn Sedaka, Sherman Oaks - Viewpoint School
- CA - Diya Sarah Theodore, Riverside - Redlands High School
- CA - Parker Van Ostrand, Sacramento - C. K. McClatchy High School
- CA - Michael Zhao, San Jose - Lynbrook High School
Photo: Getty Images