- A recall election against California Governor Gavin Newsom is being given the green light. Secretary of State Shirley Weber says over 1.7 million verified signatures were gathered, which is more than enough for the process to go through. The next step is for the state Department of Finance to estimate how much the election will cost. The estimate must be submitted to the Secretary of State by August 5th.
- California owes the federal government billions of dollars after borrowing funds to pay unemployment benefits in the middle of the pandemic. California's debt is forecast to grow beyond the $24.3 billion estimated for the end of this year.
- Vice President Harris is headed to the border. She'll visit El Paso, Texas along with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. Republicans have been demanding Harris come to the border for the last several months after President Biden asked her to run border efforts. Former President Trump will be coming to the border next week and says the only reason why Harris is visiting now is because of his trip.
- Frustration is growing in California over the lack of changes to the state's unemployment system. KCRA 3 Investigates found the U.S. Department of Labor has not distributed nine-billion dollars earmarked to upgrade unemployment departments in all 50 states.
- General Mark Milley, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was testifying at a hearing of the House Armed Services Committee when he was asked about Critical race Theory...and its role, if any in the U-S Military. His answer was somewhat of a stunner.
- Netflix's newest dating reality show looks...interesting.