- A wildfire near Lake Tahoe is forcing hundreds to evacuate. The Tamarack Fire now covers 30 square miles and is just one of more than 80 major fires burning in 13 Western states. One of the biggest is the Bootleg Fire in southern Oregon, which has consumed more than 460 square miles and destroyed close to 70 homes. That one force two thousand people to flee and threatens about five thousand homes. The Tamarack Fire is growing quickly because of hot temperatures, very low humidity and strong winds.
- More California school districts are ending contracts to employ local law enforcement officers on their campuses. Supporters of this move hope the money saved from ending these contracts will be used to transform the infrastructure of resources and services offered to students, to better serve their mental, social, and emotional needs students and staff will have upon returning this fall.
- The Secretary of State's Office in California released a list of 41 names of the people running for governor in the recall election. Not on that list is Larry Elder (R) who hosts a syndicated radio show from Los Angeles. His campaign says they've submitted the proper paperwork and should be on the next list due out Wednesday.
- California business who hire homeless people can get up to $30,000 a year in tax credits starting next year among other benefits. Those businesses owners must pay at least 120% of the state’s minimum wage to be eligible. The state will allocate up to $30 million a year for the program, which will expire at the end of 2026.
- Over the weekend, the Secretary of State's office in California released a list of 41 names of the people running for governor in the recall election. Not on that list is Larry Elder (R) who hosts a syndicated radio show from Los Angeles. His campaign says they've submitted the proper paperwork and should be on the next list due out Wednesday. Elder told fox news why he believes he can win.
- A former Homeland Security official in the Trump administration says Republicans are the biggest threat to America's national security. His name is Miles Taylor. He appeared on MSNBC where he said the GOP is the biggest threat our national security.
- Several key Democrats are growing increasingly concerned that "woke" Democrats are defining their party and are turning off voters. Among those concerned is James Carville, one of the architects of former President Bill Clinton's campaign. Carville recently told CNN that Democrats are allowing the "noisy wing" of their party to define them.
- As protests and rallies are held in support of the people of Cuba seeking freedom, singer Gloria Estefan said world leaders need to put pressure on the communist regime.