- Larry Elder filed a complaint in Sacramento Superior Court this week. In the lawsuit, the 69-year-old Republican wants the court to compel the Secretary of State to include his name on the list of candidates in the recall election. Elder was disqualified from the ballot because his tax returns were not filed correctly in his application to be a candidate. He said the action was unfair and wants immediate relief from the court.
- New research from the UC Davis finds people are becoming desensitized to the COVID 19 pandemic. UC Davis Researchers find that despite the rising death toll, people are showing less concern about COVID-related news and instead are shifting back to risky social behavior and are less fearful.
- Former U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott has been named as a special counsel to help coordinate investigations into California’s massive unemployment fraud scandal which began at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. Scott will serve as fraud special counsel to help coordinate the prosecution of fraud cases involving phony claims to the state’s Employment Development Program.
- More than half of all Californians are being asked to wear a mask indoors even if they've been vaccinated. Now 17 counties are urging people to mask-up indoors. The latest numbers show 56% of Californians live in a county that either recommends or requires indoor masking for all individuals.
- Gubernatorial recall candidate hopeful Larry Elder, who told Megyn Kelly on her podcast "The Megyn Kelly Show " how he is suing the California's Secretary of State because his name was left off the recall ballot.
- If you're sick of hearing about the pandemic, a new UC Davis study finds you're not alone.
- Fireworks on Capitol Hill between Dr. Fauci and Senator Rand Paul (R-KY). Paul accused Fauci of lying under oath to congress and Dr. Fauci. In turn accused Senator Paul of lying. Here's the set-up to their lively exchange. on May 11th Dr. Fauci testified before Congress that the NIH has not ever, nor does it now, fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Lab in China. Senator Paul says that's just not true.