- The Falling Water Level At Lake Oroville Could Force A Major Hydroelectric Power Plant To Shut Down As Soon As Next Month. The Edward Hyatt Powerplant Uses Water From Lake Oroville To Generate Electricity. But It Could Go Silent If The Lake Level Continues To Californian State Water Regulators Say Lake Oroville Received About 20% Of Expected Runoff From The Snowmelt This Year.
- Farmers could see cuts as regulators rush to protect the supply of drinking water. On August 3rd, theState Water Resources Control Board will vote on an "emergency curtailment" order prohibiting farmers from using resources from the Sacramento and San Joaquin River watersheds.
- The Largest Wildfire In California Is Threatening Thousands Of Homes. The Dixie Fire Has Already Destroyed 16 Structures. Cal Fire Officials Say Nearly 11 hundred More In Butte And Plumas Counties Are At Risk. It Has Now Merged With The Smaller Fly Fire. The Dixie Fire Is Now More Than 190 thousand Acres And Is Only 21% Contained. The Blaze Has Been Raging For 12 Days In The Area Between Redding And Yuba City.
- Republicans Running To Replace Governor Newsom Will Hold A Televised Debate At The Richard Nixon Presidential Library And Museum In Yorba Linda. Kevin Faulconer, Larry Elder, John Cox, Assemblyman Kevin Kiley, And Former U.S. Representative Doug Ose Will Take Part In The Debate That's Scheduled To Be Held August 4th Starting At 6:00 P.M.
- Russia has managed to disconnect from the global internet during tests in June and July to improve their internet security. What does this mean for the US and the future of cyber security?
- One Of The Cities Where They Implemented A Defund The Police Program Was In Washington DC. On July 9th, The Number Of People Murdered In DC This Year Topped One Hundred. And The Homicide Rate Just Keeps Rising. Now The DC Chief Of Police, Robert Conti, Has Had Enough.
- The Biden Administration Has Tried To Defend The Practice Of Hunter Biden Selling The Artwork He Painted For Upwards Of Five Hundred Thousand Dollars A Painting. Even Analysts For The Left Leaning CNN Say There Are Serious Ethical Questions Facing The Biden Family And The White House. The Appearance That Anyone Paying That Kind Of Money For A Hunter Biden Paying May Be Trying To Buy Influence With The White House. CNN White House Reporter Melanie Zanona Says The Biden Administration Is Worried That This Doesn't Look Good.