- Face masks will once again be required for everyone while indoors in Sacramento County starting today. The county's daily case rate has risen nearly 13% over the last month.
- A majority of Californians think the recall election is a waste of tax dollars. A Public Policy Institute of California poll found close to 70% of state residents saying the $215 million needed to conduct the recall election in all 58 counties is a misuse of public money.
- Shasta County prosecutors plan to file criminal charges against PG&E for its role in last September’s fatal Zogg Fire. It will be the third time in less than three years that criminal charges have been filed against PG&E for starting a California wildfire. Cal Fire says a PG&E power line made contact with a pine tree, igniting the Zogg Fire, which burned 56-thousand acres and killed four people.
- The CDC found the delta variant of COVID-19 spreads like chickenpox, causes more severe illness than earlier variants and may make vaccinated people just as contagious as the unvaccinated even if they have no symptoms. The vaccines still prevent severe illness and death for those who contract the variant.
- Coming out of the pandemic many new “empty nesters” will be sending their kids off to college for the first time. New York Times bestselling Author Julie Edelman joined us live with clever (and funny) ideas on getting you and your kid ready college.
- It's a season of frustration for summer air travelers. The latest headache: passengers who thought they scored big discounts on non-stop flights are finding themselves re-booked on flights with different times and a layover.
- President Biden has directed federal agencies to draw up new standards to help businesses critical to the US economy ward off hackers.