- Kaiser Permanente is making it mandatory for all physicians and employees to get jabbed with the COVID-19 vaccine. Currently, more than 95% of the physicians have already been vaccinated in the Permanente Medical Group. Kaiser Permanente reports that nearly 78% of its employees are also vaccinated. September 30 is the target for 100% vaccination.
- Almond farmer Bill Vann and his wife Susie Vann are two of the four people killed in a helicopter crash on Sunday. Family publicist John Segale confirmed the news in a press release. Two others, unidentified friends also died in the Colusa County crash. Colusa is located about 65 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- A new Berkeley IGS/Los Angeles Times poll indicates Republicans are motivated in large numbers to vote Newsom out of office in the September 14th recall election. The same poll is showing the race is tightening with 47% supporting recalling Newsom and 50% saying they want to keep him as Governor. Those numbers, plus an enthusiasm gap among Newsom's base of support, mean Democrats will have to shift tactics to get their voters to mail in their ballots.
- This morning, half of California now under mask mandates as several Bay Area counties join Sacramento, Yolo, and Los Angeles counties. Vaccinated or not, residents in the Bay must wear face masks indoors. The order comes amid concerns about the growing Delta coronavirus variant.
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked about former President Obama's upcoming birthday party amid Delta variant concerns and CDC guidelines.
- Republicans on The House Foreign Affairs Committee say The Chinese Communist Party is engaging in the "Greatest Cover-up In Human History."
- Some news outlets are claiming that former U.S. President Donald Trump believes he will be reinstated on August 13th, but Lara Trump says this is not true.