- Fire Watch: Caldor Fire Grows In Size, More Evacuations Across Counties. A Number of Crews That Have Been Fighting the Dixie Fire Near Lake Almanor Are Being Moved to the Caldor Fire in El Dorado County. Cal Fire Now Reports the Caldor Fire Has Grown to Over 65,000 Acres.
- A New Addition to Downtown Sacramento Is Weeks Away From Opening the Hyatt Centric Hotel at Seventh and L Streets Is Set to Open in September. To Hear More About This Project and Others Coming to Sacramento, Listen to Today's Edition of the KFBK Morning News Podcast.
- The State Has Tightened Vaccine Proof Requirements for Large Indoor Events of More Than One-thousand People. Public Health Officials Announced Yesterday That Indoor Venues Will Need to Confirm the Vaccination Status of Attendees or That They Have Tested Negative for the Coronavirus Within 72 Hours of the Event. It Will Go Into Effect Starting September 20th. in Addition, Venues Will No Longer Be Able to Allow Attendees and Spectators to Self-attest Their Vaccination Status.
- President Biden is coming under fire for his handling of the withdraw of US troops from Afghanistan, not just here in the US, but around the world.
- There Is Plenty of Blame to Go Around for the Crisis and Chaos in Afghanistan as Taliban Forces Swept Through the Country and Took Control. Much of It Falls on President Biden According to a Variety of Critics... Both Republicans and Democrats. But Congressman Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) Who Is a Military Veteran Who Served in Afghanistan, Says Much of the Blame Belongs on the State Department as Well.
- Emily Archuletta Is a Nurse in San Diego Recently Told the San Diego Board of Supervisors That Nearly a Third of Health Care Workers Are Not Vaccinated and Have No Desire to Be.