- Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine is getting full approval from the FDA. It's the first COVID vaccine to be approved by regulators. Pfizer developed the shots in partnership with BioNTech, a German biotech company.
- The Caldor Fire in El Dorado County has jumped Highway 50 and is now more than 100K acres. No word on when a 40-mile stretch of the highway between Sly Park and Myers will reopen. Containment is at 5%.
- Several natural gas-fired plants are being built in California in an effort to keep the lights on this summer. Plans are in motion for The California Department of Water Resources to install five temporary gas-fueled generators each with an individual capacity of 30-megawatts. The five power plants are expected to be operating by the middle of September. So far, Yuba City, Roseville and Fresno are three of the confirmed sites of the natural gas plants.
- Democrats have filed a complaint with the Fair Political Practices Commission which alleges recall candidate Larry Elder failed to properly report income from his business. The commission will decide within 14 days whether to fully investigate the complaint.
- KCRA's Brian Hickey showed his followers what happened in one area when the Caldor Fire ran through it...offering viewers an example of forest management.
- This morning Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin says there was no way of knowing Afghanistan would fall into the hands of the Taliban in just eleven days.