- The fast-moving Caldor Fire is forcing some Nevada residents to flee their homes. Civil authorities have issued evacuation orders for some portions of Douglas County, on the east side of Lake Tahoe. The Caldor Fire has burned 204,390 acres and is 20% contained.
- 80% of Californians aged 12 and older is protected with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. California has experienced five straight weeks of more than half a million vaccines administered. Governor Newsom is also encouraging private businesses and local governments to adopt vaccine verification systems for their employees.
- Governor Gavin Newsom compared California’s COVID-19 rates to much higher ones in states with conservative governors Tuesday, warning that he could be replaced in the upcoming recall with a Republican who would make the Golden State’s response more like Texas or Florida’s.
- The teacher at Inderkum High School, Gabriel Gibe, allegedly caught on video saying he keeps an Antifa flag in his classroom.
- Initially the Biden Administration Said Anywhere From One Hundred to Three Hundred Americans Remain in Afghanistan After U-s Troops Pulled Out. Several Critics Question That Number and Say They Believe the Number of Americans Left Behind Is Much Higher. One American Citizen Left Behind Is Woman Identified as Sara Who Spoke by Phone to CNN After the Last Plane Left Without Her.
- A New Movie on Doctor Anthony Fauci Will Be Released on September 10th. It's Billed by Disney Owned Nat Geo as a Documentary on Fauci's Life and Career.
- Carl Sagan, American astronomer, made some foreboding predictions about the state of media back in the 1990s.