- A UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll cosponsored by the Los Angeles Times released Friday, 60.1% of likely voters surveyed oppose recalling Newsom compared with 38.5% in favor of ousting the governor. Fewer than 2% of likely voters remained undecided or declined to answer, suggesting the issue is largely settled in the minds of California voters.
- A Red Flag warning is in effect for parts of Northern California due to the increased risk caused by wildfires. The warning lasts through 11 p.m. tonight, and includes the Sacramento Valley, northern San Joaquin Valley, and coastal range. The Red Flag warning is issued when critical fire weather conditions are occurring. Contributing factors include strong winds, lightning, low relative humidity, and warm weather, all of which are possibilities for the area as a storm system is moving in off the eastern Pacific.
- Hundreds of Land Park area residents, family, friends, and more, joining in a vigil Thursday night in memory of a local woman killed in her home a week ago. For about an hour, people took to the microphone to tell stories about their friend, Mary "Kate" Tibbitts. Troy Davis, a multiple felon, is charged with Tibbitts' murder. The victim's family says Davis should have never been released from custody on the unrelated charges he was facing before Tibbits' murder.
- Podcaster Joe Rogan slammed CNN for the network's coverage of his recent coronavirus diagnosis and revelation that he's taking ivermectin among a number of other drugs to treat the disease.
- Singer Phil Collins says he can "barely hold a drumstick." Collins suffered a spinal injury in 2007 that caused nerve damage, making him unable to play the drums.
- Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) says city mayors and governors are having "buyers' remorse" after defunding their police programs.