- President Biden is heading to Sacramento to tour wildfire damage and rally in So Cal with Governor Newsom. He should land at Sacramento's Mather Airport around 1pm this afternoon.
- Recall election happening tomorrow. Recent polls show more than 50% of voters are opposed to cutting the Democratic governor's term short, and Democratic voters outnumber Republicans by more than 5 million. Actress Rose McGowan hit the campaign trail over the weekend to support Republican talk show host Larry Elder. McGowan called out those who criticize Elder because he doesn't agree with the Black Lives Matter movement. She argued race labels are dangerous and people should focus on humanity instead
- Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg has tested positive for COVID-19. Steinberg says he tested positive on Friday and is thankful he is fully vaccinated. He added in a tweet today that he's experiencing a fever and cold-like symptoms and plans to quarantine at home. The mayor ended his statement with a plea for everyone to get vaccinated.
- Following President Biden's announcement that he's ordering all businesses in America with at least 100 employees to require their employees be vaccinated, there was immediate outcry from Republicans like Congressman Chip Roy (R-Tx) who posted a video online urging all Republican Governors to fight back immediately.
- Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, and longtime high ranking leader in the Democratic Party, warned over the weekend that pulling US troops out of Afghanistan and allowing the Taliban to take over will present a greater terrorism threat in America. Here's what he told Greta Van Sustern on the Full Court Press.