- New rules are in place for "mega events" in California. Proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test is now required for anyone who attends an indoor event with more than a thousand people. Masks will also be required indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Highway 50 is now open. The major connector into South Lake Tahoe from Sacramento was shut-down by the Caldor Fire on August 20th. Since then, hundreds of burned-out trees have been removed. Caltrans says Highway 50 will be closed down to one-lane in some places where clean up and repairs continue.
- Pacific Gas and Electric is shutting off power to thousands of customers in portions of nine counties to avert wildfires. The Public Safety Power Shutoff is a direct response to gusty winds and a red flag warning now in effect in much of California. The affected counties include Colusa, Glenn, Lake, Napa, Solano, Tehama and Yolo in Northern California, along with Kern and Santa Barbara counties in Southern California. The tribal community of Cortina Rancheria is also impacted, although Shasta County has been removed from the PSPS. Thousands of homes and businesses are affected by the blackouts, expected to last at least through late Tuesday morning.
- California's Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara ordered insurance companies to preserve residential insurance coverage for more than 325,000 policyholders affected by the wildfires across 22 counties. The order protects residents living within the perimeter or adjoining ZIP code of a declared wildfire disaster, including the Dixie, Caldor, River, Tamarack, Antelope, McFarland, Monument, Fly and Cache fires.
- Police are releasing the audio of a 911 call about a domestic dispute involving Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie that happened in Utah prior to her disappearance.
- Kings PG De'Aaron Fox discusses another offseason where getting bigger & stronger was the ultimate goal. He says he tips the scales at 197 today, 30 pounds heavier than where he was at the NBA's combine prior to his rookie season, & sees himself playing above 200 lbs. one day.
- Greg Abbott: Americans had no idea Biden administration would lead to such border chaos.