- State Water Regulators Say Californians Failed to Meet Water Conservation Targets Set by Governor Newsom. Residential Water Used Fell by Just 1.8% in July Compared to a Year Earlier - Well Short of the 15% Reduction Requested by Newsom. Mendocino and Sonoma Counties Were Successful at Hitting the Governor's Water Reduction Target.
- The Principal of a Sacramento Elementary School Says the Biden Administration Is Turning Its Back on Sacramento Residents, Including Children, Who Are Trapped in Afghanistan. Nate McGill Is the Principal of Ethel I Baker Elementary School. He's Been Texting Everyday With Local Families Trapped in Afghanistan. He Says They're Moving From House to House Hiding From the Taliban And Fearing for Their Lives.
- Investigators have found arson to be the cause of a fire earlier this month near Auburn. The Bridge Fire sparked September 5th under the Foresthill Bridge, forcing evacuations during the Labor Day weekend for the Auburn State Recreation Area. All warnings and orders were lifted the following evening, and the blaze was fully contained just over a week later before any structures were destroyed. Now, state fire officials say investigators have determined the Bridge Fire to be a result of arson. No arrests have been announced, as investigations continue.
- The average cost of a single-family home in California is a record $827,000. The statewide median price in August is the fifth record-high in the past six months, according to the Department of Finance. It's up two percent from July and 17 percent from a year ago. On the other hand, sales for existing single-family homes declined by 13% in August compared to July.
- Congress could make 12 weeks of paid leave available to most workers.
- Ken Burns Says Current Times ‘Equal’ to Civil War, Depression and World War II: ‘It’s Really Serious’
- In a Testimony Before Congress.... Department Of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Assured Lawmakers That They Are Investigating Reports Of Border Patrol Officers Mistreating Migrants.