- The National Weather Service is predicting above normal rainfall for most of Northern California and Oregon next week. Advanced weather models are calling for rain in the North Bay next Thursday and Friday with some areas getting a couple of inches. Rainfall amounts are expected to drop off further south, down to about one-third of an inch for San Francisco. Parts of the East Bay could see around a half inch. The soaking rain is expected to reach the northern Sierra Nevada, and that would be a welcomed site for firefighters around the Dixie and Caldor fires. Both fires are nearing full containment.
- Former President Bill Clinton could leave a California hospital today. He was admitted Tuesday to treat a urinary tract infection that spread to his bloodstream. The 75-year-old is said to be on the mend and in good spirits, even joking with doctors and nurses.
- The last swing of the San Francisco Giants' season is being called "the check swing heard 'round the world." Giants first baseman Wilmer Flores appeared to check his swing on an 0-2 fastball out of the strike zone in the bottom of the ninth of NLDS Game Five, with two outs and the Dodgers leading 2-1. Home plate umpire Doug Eddings checked with first base umpire Gabe Morales who rang up Flores, ending the Giants' season and sending the Dodgers on to the NLCS against the Atlanta Braves.
- Schools everywhere, including our local communities, are facing staffing shortages, from teachers to custodians and other support services. Sacramento's Matsuyama Elementary principal Judy Farina claims her top priority is to keep the kids safe and keep them learning. She remains hopeful the critical support positions at her school site will soon be filled, but until then she'll keep filling in as the crossing guard, classroom sub, yard duty or whatever else is needed.
- San Francisco turned 'from paradise to purgatory': Victor Davis Hanson
- Christopher Steele has come “out of the shadows” for an interview with Bill Clinton's former communications director George Stephanopoulos just weeks after special counsel John Durham indicted a Hillary Clinton campaign-linked lawyer.
- Prince William says great minds should focus "on trying to repair this planet" not exploring space.