- Sacramento is at the top of the list for the United States’s least affordable new homes markets. Eighty percent of households in the Sacramento region, same as Miami, are priced out of new homes. The median new construction home price in the Sacramento region is $650,000, which means residents need an income of about $128,000 to afford an average down payment of $39,000. The median household income in the area is $76,706, according to the report.
- A research team at UC Davis Health is conducting a two-year clinical trial for a new reversible male contraception gel. The gel is applied to the man's shoulders daily and to date 31 Sacramento area couples have been part of very successful research, so now they've been given additional funds to recruit even more local couples for the two-year clinical trial.
- It looks like our Northern California region will be getting some rain today. The National Weather Service’s Sacramento office is predicting the region will get anywhere from a tenth of an inch to a full inch of rain. Forecasters expect Monday’s rain showers to be followed up by another storm system that could bring more precipitation later this week.
- A proposal to give illegal immigrant families that were separated at the border reparations is getting pushback from the public and from many in congress.
- Intelligence reports this weekend say ISIS may be planning attacks on American Shopping malls. Some in congress are becoming increasingly unnerved about our military readiness.
- A new NBC Poll has disturbing news for democrats. Just 22% of American adults believe the country is heading in the right direction while a whopping 71% say the country is on the wrong track, that includes a majority of democrats polled. It is a vote of no confidence for President Biden as congress wrestles with his social spending and infrastructure bills.