- The Sacramento Kings are letting coach Luke Walton go after getting off to a disappointing start in his third season in charge. Walton was informed of the decision a day after a 123-105 home loss to Utah that dropped the Kings to 6-11 on the season. Walton had a 68-93 record in two-plus seasons as coach, failing to get Sacramento back to the playoffs for the first time since the 2005-06 season. Associate coach Alvin Gentry takes over on an interim basis. Gentry most recently served as head coach for the New Orleans Pelicans. He has also had head coaching stops with Miami, Detroit, the Clippers and Phoenix.
- Since the COVID-19 vaccine has been made available to children aged five to eleven, more than one of every ten children in California has received a shot. State health officials say those children are concentrated in California's urban coastal counties. In the Bay Area, one of every four children has received their first shot. In Marin County, 40% of the eligible children have received their shots.
- Police are investigating the latest smash-and-grab flash mob robberies in the Bay Area that occurred last night at the Southland Mall in Hayward. Police say about nine people smashed cases inside Sam's Jewelry and made off with an unknown amount of jewelry. Meanwhile, three people face charges in connection with a flash mob robbery of a Nordstrom store in Walnut Creek Saturday night. Police estimate about 80 people entered the store Saturday night and began stealing merchandise. Two employees were assaulted and one employee was pepper-sprayed. Friday night, thieves hit several retail outlets in San Francisco's Union Square.
- The Sacramento International Airport saw a record number of monthly passengers in October. According to a news release, SMF saw more than 1 million passengers - the new record set last month is 1,001,487 passengers for the second time in 2021. That number reflects an increase of 9.3% compared to September. There was also a 5% increase in departures. In October, SMF began twice-daily nonstop flights to Palm Springs and will begin nonstop service to Kona in Hawaii four times a week.
- Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg says holiday travel should be smooth this year.
- Police are investigating the latest smash-and-grab flash mob robberies in the Bay Area and SF leaders are reacting.
- Senator Ted Cruz is keeping the door open on a potential 2024 presidential run.
- Democratic Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke stands by his past positions on gun control.