- Those traveling to or from The Golden State for the holidays should know the COVID-19 guidelines at airports. Although there are no vaccine requirements for domestic air travel, the CDC recommends getting COVID-19 shots. All international airports in the state have masking requirements. However, some airlines at Sacramento and San Francisco International require testing for passengers. At LAX, there's an online form required for contact tracing if there's an outbreak. Officials at the TSA say to check with your carrier and airport for COVID-19 guidelines before flying.
- The nonpartisan California Policy Lab found no big exodus of people leaving California for other states during the COVID pandemic, instead domestic migration is to blame for population loss. The number of people moving to California from other states is down 38% since the spring of 2020. Additionally, the number of Californians leaving the state went up 12% since March 2020.
- The Sacramento City Council failed to pass a resolution brought forward by Mayor Darrell Steinberg regarding the towing of vehicles that homeless people live in. Instead, the council passed a resolution, which requires more transparency and reporting of housing site updates for the homeless and any enforcement action. The city said it will also work with county and business leaders to identify “safe parking sites” and other options for the homeless.
- Lake Tahoe officials say 100% of Sierra ski resorts will be opening this weekend after several feet of snowfall. Resort operators are thrilled after delays hindered their openings due to lack of snow and temperatures that were too warm to make artificial powder. During this week's first storm, at least 25 feet of snow fell at Kirkwood Mountain, while Northstar got 29 feet. Another system moves in this evening. Forecasters say another 1-2 feet of snow is possible.
- There’s nothing like a good playlist to get you going during your run, but the songs you choose can impact on your speed.
- Rose Jackson is the director of the Democracy and Tech Initiative for the left leaning Atlantic Council testified that the data collection model is at the root of the problem.