- The football world is mourning the passing of Hall of Famer John Madden.
- A longtime senator from Nevada is being remembered for his legacy.
- I-80 in both directions is back open from Colfax to the Nevada state-line.
- December's snowfall tops 200-inches in the Sierra Nevadas.
- A power outage in Placer County is having an impact on thousands of customers.
- California is nearing 80% vaccinated.
- Funny comments from John Madden during NFC Championship game Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Rams.
- Jared Schmeck, who pranked President Joe Biden with the "Let's Go Brandon" call on Christmas Eve, joined former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's WarRoom.
- Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont says his state was forced to buy three million tests because the supply from the federal government ran short.