- State Senator Richard Pan will introduce a bill today that would require all California schoolchildren to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Opposition is looking to be fierce towards this bill, as vaccine mandated continue to be challenged across the state. An online petition is already calling for the loosening COVID-19 restrictions, specifically for school children.
- Two of California's NFL teams -- the San Francisco 49ers and the LA Rams -- have advanced to NFC championship. The 49ers and their defense led the way to a victory over the Packers -- 13-to-10 -- in Green Bay on Saturday. The Rams also managed to outlast their opponents, the Buccaneers, 30-to-27, yesterday. The games were historic for both teams as each entered the division playoffs as underdogs and came out on top. The Rams square off against the 49ers next Sunday in Los Angeles.
- California is due to receive another $600 million dollars in wildfire relief funds from the federal government. The Golden State is also receiving $48 million dollars from the government to build more firebreaks in two national forests.
- The California Department of Social Services has begun mailing $500 bonus checks to more than 500,000 caregivers in the state. The department says all eligible in-home supportive services providers should get their check by the end of this week. To be eligible, a caregiver must have worked at least two months between March 2020 and March 2021. Both in-home caregivers and those who provide Medi-Cal home and community-based services, such as Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, are eligible.
- Holocaust Survivor Dr. Erica Miller discusses her experiences both during the war and her work after the war to rebuild what has become a full and joyous life.
- Tickets and Info About Thursday's Conversation with Dr. Erica Miller:
- ABC 7 in San Francisco has discovered $10 million worth of PPE in San Mateo has been destroyed due to negligence.