- The first suspect arrested in connection to the K Street mass shooting is making his first court appearance. Sacramento Police say that they believe Dandre Martin was one of the shooters, who was appointed a private lawyer who takes on cases when the public defender's office is busy.
- Poor math scores for eighth graders are setting off alarms in California. The findings published by EdSource show what researchers call an alarming trend.
- One of California's most exported crops is experiencing massive backlogs of shipments caused by pandemic supply chain issues and global commerce tension. Millions of pounds of almonds are sitting in warehouses waiting to get shipped out.
- The Sacramento Republic FC have revealed plans for a brand-new Railyards Stadium concept to take destiny into their own hands. The project is expected to double the overall size of downtown.
- A California Congressman was attacked by a fox while walking outside of the Capitol on Tuesday. According to CBS News, the fox bit Representative Ami Bera on the back of his leg, tearing a hole in his pants but not causing an injury. However, Bera is taking the rabies vaccine as a precautionary measure. The fox reportedly bit another person before it was captured by officers. https://www.axios.com/fox-captured-capitol-hill-12015c6f-a476-4de9-8ad2-65d52e450238.html