- Prosecutors are alleging that three of the men killed in the K-Street mass shooting in Downtown Sacramento have ties to gangs. In court documents filed with the Sacramento County District Attorney's office, investigators claim Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, Devazia Turner and Sergio Harris were affiliated with gangs and that tensions were brewing between two rival groups before the shootout.
- Regions across Northern California received up to an inch and a half of rain in the most recent storm front and forecasters say more precipitation is on the way. The next system is slated to start Wednesday night and go through Friday afternoon.
- A new charter school has gotten a "green light" from the Sacramento County Office of Education. Capital College and Career Academy aims to pave the way to careers for high school students.
- 10 miles of new hiking trails set to break ground soon to connect Tahoe to more rural communities
- The history of the labradoodle and the maker of the breed calling it "his biggest regret"