- The Legislative Analyst's Office is advising the Newsom Administration to revise his budget. The LAO is reporting that Newsom's spending plan could deplete the state’s ability to balance the budget once the revenue bubble bursts and federal aid dries up.
- Sacramento residents are facing more problems facing low-income housing. A new report from the National Low Income Housing Coalition shows that very low-income renters in the Sacramento Metro area face a shortage of more than $78,000 affordable and available homes.
- It's been a bit of a surprise from the skies, rare April snowstorms blasting the Sierra with significant amounts of snow this week. April is typically when resorts are winding down for the ski and snowboard season, but Kirkwood will stay open through May first.
- Citing financial challenges, the Gilroy Garlic Festival has been canceled. The festival has been running for more than 40 years and organizers say they took a big hit during the pandemic.
- These Solano County cities are ranking as the cities with the most intoxicated Instagrammers