- Sacramento commercial landlord hiring a private security company to illegally block a public street where many homeless live. Rich Eaton, owner of several properties on Railroad Drive in Old North Sacramento business park, blocked off the entire street after one of his buildings was burglarized last month.
- California beefing up resources to prepare for an influx of women coming for abortion. With the possibility of a reversal on federal abortion rights following a leaked Supreme Court draft opinion on Roe v. Wade published Monday night by Politico, local California politicians are preparing for the potential results.
- Tattoo artists from around the world will be in Sacramento this weekend for a huge tattoo convention. The "Capitol City Classic" is bringing more than 200 tattoo artists and their fans from all over the world, to the newly renovated SAFE Credit Union Convention Center in downtown Sacramento.
- Garlic Festival is moving to Stockton in August
- Baby formula shortage in the US getting worse, with 40% of the top-selling products out of stock