- CA state senate passing a bill that allows 12 year old children in California to get vaccinated without their parents' consent or knowledge. Sen. Melissa Melendez speaks out in opposition to the bill. The California measure cleared its first legislative hurdle Thursday of this week, and if the proposal becomes law, California would allow the youngest age group of any state to be vaccinated without parental permission.
- Reactions pour in from local and state officials over Governor Newsom's revised budget. Governor Newsom is expected to announce another budget surplus for the state on Friday, giving him and state lawmakers funding to spend in a year with which the Governor is expected to campaign for reelection for a second term.
- Minimum wage in California increasing to $15.50 per hour from January 1, 2023. Newsom is set to announce his revised budget on Friday.
- California regulators have rejected a billion-dollar plant that would convert seawater to drinking water. The California Coastal Commission rejected the $1.4 billion Poseidon Water desalination plant proposal - had the proposal gotten the green light, it would have turned seawater from the shores of Orange County into drinking water.
- Elon Musk putting his plan to buy Twitter on hold due to a report of fake accounts on the platform.
- Charles Camosy on how the US needs to step up in light of Canada legalizing euthanasia for not just the ill, but also the disabled and the poor.