- Sacramento suburbs with the highest wildfire risk in California. A U.S. climate research nonprofit released a new report this week that estimated more than 4.6 million properties in California, about 40% of the state, now have at least “moderate” risk of burning in a wildfire some time in the next few decades.
- El Dorado County District Attorney blasting the light sentence given to convicted cop killer. The man who fatally shot El Dorado County Sheriff’s Deputy Brian Ishmael in October 2019 has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for second-degree murder, California’s statutory minimum for the crime.
- Orange County church shooting being deemed a politically motivated hate crime. A suspect in a shooting that killed one person and injured five at a Taiwanese church in Laguna Woods appeared to be motivated by political hatred of Taiwan, officials said Monday.
- Elon Musk slamming President Biden on inflation
- Americans being unprepared for rising retirement health costs, which are estimated to have increased 5% from 2021