- Red flag warning in Central Valley, with high winds and temperatures in the 90s today. The National Weather Service has issued its second red flag warning of 2022, months before wildfire season typically begins for the area.
- Del Campo High School baseball team forced to forfeit a game after parents get into altercation with umpire. School district officials and parents are disputing a CIF Sac-Joaquin Section’s proposed decision to ban fans from the next Del Campo-Buhach Colony baseball playoff game.
- Public school enrollment in Los Angeles expected to drop 30% in the next decade, after Governor Newsom plans to give more than $100 billion to California public schools. The predicted steep drop, outlined Tuesday in a presentation to the Board of Education, comes as school officials contemplate the future of Los Angeles Unified School District on several crucial fronts — including academic programs, campus closures, jobs, employee benefits and contract negotiations with the teachers union, which is seeking a 20% raise over the next two years.
- Former President George W. Bush making a mistake and switched Ukraine with Iraq, and then joking about his age.
- Wheel of Fortune going live around America (60 cities) starting September. Up for grabs are up to $10,000 cash and trips to Paris and Hawaii.