- Governor Newsom criticizing two federal judges and calling them extremists for their rulings on gun control measures. A day after a mass shooting at a Texas elementary school left 21 dead, including 19 children, Governor Newsom gathered with legislative Democrats and called for an effort to track gun control bills working their way through the Legislature.
- California lawmakers fast-tracking 12 gun bills in the wake of the Texas shooting. Earlier this week a group of five Republican state lawmakers lobbied for gas tax relief in California, led by Republican Leader Assemblyman James Gallagher.
- Sacramento public schools possibly requiring students to wear a mask again when school starts in fall. According to district officials, students at Sacramento City schools could once again wear masks in class if COVID-19 transmission trends continue.
- FDA saying a mix-up in the mailroom is what ultimately led to the baby formula shortage crisis.
- New watering restrictions in Los Angeles allowing outdoor watering only twice a week.