- Governor Newsom created the state's reparations task force yet the Governor remains non-committal on cash payments for reparations. He is declining to back the latest proposal for $1.2 million in cash payments to qualifying black residents. Click here to read more.
- California Senator Dianne Feinstein is expected to cast her first vote in the Senate today after a three month long absence to deal with health problems. She missed 91 floor votes while recovering from a case of shingles. Her absence complicated Democrat's efforts to confirm some of President Biden's judicial nominees as she sits on the Judiciary Committee. That prompted some Congress members in her own party called for her resignation Click here to read more.
- An epic Sierra Nevada snow pack and "the Big Melt" have increased the stakes for reservoir managers. Officials say they're taking steps to protect the state's water systems from hackers, terrorist attacks and natural disasters. Click here to read more.
- House Republicans allege Biden family members received millions in payments from foreign entities in new bank records report. Click here to read more.
- This week's end of a public health rule that has been used to expedite deportations is leading to thousands rushing the southern border. Title 42 is set to expire tomorrow at midnight. Click here to read more.