- New census data shows that Northern California's population took a larger hit than Southern California's during the pandemic exodus. Yet, one Northern California community actually grew. Roseville had an increase of 4.3% between July 2020 and July 2022. Click here to read more.
- A Sacramento area restaurant owner, Chris Jarosz, was killed in an accident along Highway 50 this week. The 55-year-old is being identified as the person involved in the crash early Wednesday morning when his SUV hit a parked CalTrans truck near East Sacramento. Click here to read more.
- The Associated Press is reporting that power regulators say Califorina is unlikely to run out of power this summer. This is due to the recent increase in rainfall seen earlier this year. They say the rain filled nearly all of the state's reservoirs which helps generate hydroelectric power that assists the power grid. Click here to read more.
- Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg is expected to make an announcement later today on whether he plans to run for re-election or not. Steinberg is currently the 56th Mayor of Sacramento and took over the office in December of 2016. Click here to read more.
- California voters no longer believe Senator Diane Feinstein is fit for office. A new poll conducted by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies found a substantial majority of Californians think she should step down because of her declining health. Click here to read more.