- 26 California State parks are closed this Memorial Day weekend because of the historic snow pack. Some have flooded, others still covered snow. Click here to read more about where the local closures may impact swimming, camping and boating.
- Governor Newsom is rolling out an ambitious green energy plan that aims to get the state on 100% green energy by 2045. Click here to read more.
- Over 5 million Californians will be hitting the road this Memorial Day weekend. To avoid the worst of it today, Caltrans officials advise heading out before noon. Click here to read more.
- A California state auditor this morning says the Department of Water Resources is not doing enough to account for climate change. Click here to read more.
- Administrators in the California State University system are proposing tuition hikes. The SacBee reports the CSU has a funding shortfall of 14%. If approved, the increases would start as early as September, but the price difference will hit students by the fall of 2024. Click here to read more.