- A memorial is growing in the Northgate neighborhood of Sacamento after a major crash killed one adult and two children and injured another 7 children and adult. All 11 people were in a silver sedan when they hit a tree on San Juan Road. Witnesses say they heard no brakes before the crash. Click here to read more.
- $95 million in state flood relief money is now available for undocumented workers, and other communities ineligible for FEMA assistance. Click here to read more.
- California is one step closer to allowing weed shops to sell other products, that some are calling "cannabis cafes". The bill would allow dispensaries to sell things there other than weed, like coffee or food. The state Assembly approved the bill, which now heads to the Senate. Click here to read more.
- 21 First Republic Bank branches are set to close under the new owner, JPMorgan Chase. The closures will be completed by the end of the year. Click here to read more.
- California lawmakers are considering more than a dozen bills on the fentanyl crisis this week. Some would impose harsher prison sentences for dealers, others will focus on education, prevention and treatment. Today is the deadline for lawmakers to debate and pass legislation for this session. Click here to read more.