- Plans are underway for a new hotel in downtown Sacramento. Mayor Darrell Steinberg says a 28-story hotel will be connected to the SAFE Credit Union Convention Center. The hotel will include 330 rooms and a rooftop bar and restaurant. Click here to read more.
- California is aiming to help end the nation's gun violence crisis. Governor Newsom says people are sick of waiting for Congress to act so he is proposing a 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to enshrine gun safety measures into law. Click here to read more.
- Many Republicans, from the US and California, are speaking out against the idea of creating a 28th Amendment. Click here to read more.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom is announcing new funding for drought prevention. The nearly 45 projects will get a total of nearly $220-million. Click here to read more.
- The White House says it wasn't given advance notice about former President Trump's indictment. That's according to an administration official who said the White House learned about the indictment from media reports. Trump is facing federal charges over his alleged mishandling of classified documents. President Biden has not commented on the indictment. Click here to read more.