- Sacramento City Council members are set to vote today on a new plan to open hundreds of more tent sites at city homeless camps to clear the streets of filth and clean up the city. They will also be voting on whether to give the City Manager the authority to open those sites. Click here to read more.
- New statistics show a large number of state workers in California continue to work from home. The data from the Department of General Services shows that California state employees in 22 departments are spending more than 90% of their days working remotely. Click here to read more.
- New numbers this morning are showing just how severe the teacher shortage is in California. The Los Angeles Unified there are more than 450 vacancies for the coming academic year. But it's even more dire in rural communities. Click here to read more.
- Northern Californians are increasingly leaving the Bay Area and moving to the Sacramento region. Redfin is reporting that in 2020 migration between San Francisco County and Sacramento County grew 70% from the previous year. Click here to read more.
- The UC Davis Medical Center is again being ranked as one of the best hospitals in the country and in the top seven for California. This according to the 2023-2024 U.S. News & World Report prestigious Best Hospitals survey. Click here to read more.