Souls of the City
This Saturday is the official Day of the Dead ceremony at the annual Souls of the City festival in Old Sacramento. There will be arts and crafts vendors, traditional face painting, sugar skull making, community altars and live music performances for the whole family.
Break out the hair gel and shoulder pads, The California Automobile Museum is going back to the 80's. This Saturday is the Whiskey, Cars and Cigars Gala, where you can cruise around the Museum and check out 80's cars. Enjoy appetizers and whiskey tastings and dance to live music by an 80's cover band.
West Sacramento will be lit up this weekend with thousands of lanterns for the Light the Night event. It's one of the biggest fundraisers for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you'd like to participate, it's this Saturday. Registration is free and begins at 5 p.m. at Raley Field. The walk starts at 7 p.m.
- Registration Time: 5:00pm
- Start & End Time: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Parking: Parking area at site
- Walk in distance: 1 mile
- Dogs are not allowed
- Wheelchairs, Strollers are allowed
- Other Activities: Kids Zone & Fireworks
- Food is available for purchase beyond what is available for Champions for Cures