Hey guys! Producer Kendall here :) I finally had a few spare minutes to work on my garden DIY mannequin head planter project!
I have a bunch of old mannequin heads in the garage from when I used to have my boutique. I decided to use a few for this fun project! My boyfriend Isaias used a saw to cut openings in the top of the heads so I could insert a plant. I put a seal on the bottom with proper drainage and filled the head up with soil.
I originally had some beautiful black grass I was going to plant in the head that I thought would look really pretty as her hair but when I took the grass out of it's container the root ball was much too large for the head. I used a different plant I had in the backyard so I didn't shock the grass root ball by breaking it apart too much.
I think it came out pretty awesome for my first one!
I really love the shape of this succulent. It looks like she has a green mohawk! I'm thinking about painting leopard print spots on the sides of her head to add to the mohawk.
I inserted the plant in the front of the head and draped it toward the back so it grows behind her head adding to the look and feel of a mohawk. I will share some photos later on to show the progress of the plant growth.
I will post some tutorials below so you can try it if you like! Enjoy and happy gardening! - Producer Kendall :)