Sacramento residents who regularly take Interstate 5 can expect roadwork and closures on the freeway for the next week.
After more than 20 cars were damaged by potholes near Richards Boulevard in August, Caltrans sent in engineers to remedy the problem. They ended up finding that the issues are worse than what they originally expected and have scheduled additional work.
Crews are scheduled to work on the northbound lanes of I-5 between the Pocket Road exit and Highway 50. Expect road closures at the following times:
- Oct. 2 to Oct. 4: Alternate lane closures from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Oct. 5 to Oct. 7: Alternate lane closures from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Oct. 7 to Oct. 10: Additional work from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Ramp closures will occasionally happen at the following locations;
- Florin Road on and off ramps
- 43rd Avenue on ramp
- Fruitridge Road on and off ramps
- Sutterville Road on and off ramps
- Northbound I-5 to eastbound and westbound Highway 50
- Eastbound Highway 50 to northbound I-5
- Q Street off ramp