Early voting is underway. Sacramento County is one of five counties in California to implement the Voter’s Choice Act, expanding voting opportunities for all residents.
You have choices about how, when and where you want to vote.
• By Mail: Place the voted ballot inside the envelope provided, sign the envelope and return with postage.
• Vote Center: With the passage of the California Voter’s Choice Act, traditional polling places will be replaced with Vote Centers that are open for up to 11 days, including Election Day. Voters may use any vote center in the county. At the Vote Center you can drop off your completed ballot OR vote in person as you have always done. There is even weekend voting!
- 18 Vote Centers open for 11 days from October 27 – November 6, 2018
- 78 Vote Centers open for four days from November 3 – November 6, 2018
• 53 Drop Boxes: Beginning October 8, 2018 voted ballots may be placed in any of the 53 secure Drop Box locations throughout Sacramento County. Those locations can be found here.
If you’re not sure of your registration status, visit the Secretary of State’s My Voter Status tool at: VoterStatus.sos.ca.gov.
You can also use this tool to check the status of your ballot once it has been received by county elections officials.