The Norovirus hits Camp Fire evacuation shelter

At a shelter in Chico, which is home to many who have lost their homes in the Camp Fire, an outbreak of norovirus has hit. 

The highly contagious virus, which can cause fever, diarrhea, vomiting and body aches has been going around the Chico Neighborhood Church Shelter for the last couple of days. There was also concern that it hit another shelter in Oroville, but lab tests had not been confirmed. 

Butte County public health spokeswoman Lisa Almaguer said that nearly two dozen people who were sick have been quarantined at the shelter, separate from healthy evacuees. 

Norovirus can be spread from contaminated food or water, surfaces or having direct contact with someone who has it. 

title

Content Goes Here