California has been impacted by several large, fast-moving wildfires this month. Strong winds are fanning the flames in many area, and that is making the fight to contain the fires even more difficult.
Listed below are ways you can help first responders and fire victims:
- Donate to the California Fire Foundation who are supplying immediate aid to fire victims.
- Donate to the California Community Foundation to provide immediate recovery aid and long-term preparedness efforts.
- Donate to GlobalGiving's California Wildlife Relief Fund who will provide "emergency supplies like food, water, and medicine, and will eventually transition to funding long-term assistance to help residents recover and rebuild."
- Host people in need of temporary housing through Airbnb.
Sonoma County/Kincaid Fires:
- Search for volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Center of Sonoma County.
- Donate or volunteer with World Central Kitchen, who help to feed first responders and evacuees.
- Donate to food banks, including: Redwood Empire Food Bank, Napa Valley Food Bank.
- Donate to United Way's Kincaid Fire Emergency Relief & Recovery Fund who will help with relief and recovery efforts post-fire.
- Donate to UndocuFund, who are raising funds for undocumented people impacted by the Kincaid Fires.
- Donate to the Los Angeles County Fire Department Foundation who help provide first responders with tools, equipment and resources.
- Donate to United Way's Greater Los Angeles Disaster Relief Fund which supports low-income fire victims.
- Donate to Los Angeles County's Animal Care Foundation to help rescue animal impacted by the fires.