Facebook announces new tools to help increase vaccination rates for Californians. 71.3% of Sacramento County residents would choose to receive a COVID vaccine if it were offered to them today, according to Carnegie Melon and Facebook's Data For Good Survey.
Facebook announced they are committed to helping vaccinate 50 million people against the coronavirus with new features added:
- Vaccine Finder Tool: Starting today, users can search for vaccine locations and make an appointment directly from their News Feeds. In the coming weeks, users will also be able to see whether the locations nearest to them have vaccines available.
- Vaccinated Profile Picture Frame: Facebook is launching new profile picture frame options so users can show their support for COVID-19 vaccines, as well as tools to share with friends and family that they have been vaccinated.
- Vaccine Trends: Providing public officials with real-time aggregate trends in COVID-19 vaccinations, intent to get vaccinated, and reasons for hesitancy to inform equitable vaccine rollout.
- Partner Credits: Providing partners with enough ad credits to reach nearly everyone on Facebook and Instagram with critical messaging on COVID-19.
- Crowdtangle Display: Publishers, global aid organizations, journalists and others can access real-time, global streams of vaccine-related posts on Facebook, Instagram and Reddit in 34 languages.