The Sacramento LGBT Community Center is hosting a Monkeypox vaccination clinic Wednesday afternoon as the number of cases continue to increase in the county. Sacramento County health officials are advising men who have sex with men and transgender people who meet the listed criteria to get vaccinated. The Monkeypox virus can spread through contact with bodily fluids. The clinic is open Wednesday July 20th from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the community center located on 20th Street. Click here to read about the center's other resources.
Here is the list of criteria for getting the vaccine according to Sac County Public Health:
- Tested positive for a sexually transmitted infection in the past two months
- Had two or more sexual partners in the previous three weeks
- Visited or worked at a commercial sex venue in the previous three weeks
- Had anonymous sex in the previous three weeks
- Engaged in sex work in the previous three weeks