The Sacramento Greek Festival is a treasured local tradition celebrating the delicious food, wine and vibrant culture of Greece.
In the spirit of the Greek tradition, they'll invite you "into their home" at the Greek Orthodox Church where all future Festivals will take place.
The brand new indoor/outdoor facility will allow us to host a "panigiri" - a centuries-old tradition held outdoors in villages throughout Greece with live music, dancing under the stars and delicious food.
* It takes 800 pounds of butter to put on the Greek Festival
* We roll 6,000 dolmathes (stuffed grape leaves)
* 6,400 spanakopitas and tiropetas are consumed at the Greek Festival
* 400 volunteers are needed
* Some volunteers have 4 generations of their family working at the Greek Festival