Kitty talks with Guido Mandozzi , one of the performers in the Broadway On Tour presentation of Stomp , at Community Center Theater Feb. 1 – 10.
Through this show, Guido has managed to perform in all four STOMP companies around the world and has also ticked off 49 of America’s states!
·He is also an avid photographer and loves to document his travels via this visual form on facebook, instagram (@gmando) and twitter.
- From its beginnings as a street performance in the UK, STOMP has grown into an international sensation, having performed in more than 50 countries and in front of more than 24 million people.
- Created by Luke Cresswell and Steve McNicholas, STOMP continues its phenomenal run with four global productions: the ongoing sell-out production at New York's Orpheum Theatre, a permanent London company, and North American and European tours. Throughout its life, the show has continued to change by creating new material; this year, it will incorporate two new pieces.It is safe to say you will never again look at supermarket carts or plumbing fixtures the same way… or paint cans, or kitchen sinks, or a number of other common objects that are repurposed in creative ways.
- Critics and audiences have raved: “ STOMP is as crisp and exuberant as if it had opened yesterday,” says The New York Times . The San Francisco Chronicle declares “ STOMP has a beat that just won’t quit!” The Los Angeles Times exclaims: “Electrifying! Triumphs in the infinite variety of the human experience.” “A phenomenal show! Bashing, crashing, smashing, swishing, banging and kicking – a joyous invention!” says the Chicago Tribune .
- Tickets for STOMP start at $26
- Tickets/Info: or (916) 557-1999
- Community Center Theater is located at 1301 L Street in Sacramento.
- Additional show info: https://stomponline.com/