Dr. H Michael Shepard just won the 2019 Lasker Foundation Award, America’s most prestigious biomedical research awards. As a Del Campo graduate, he'll be in Sacramento Friday night to pick up another award!
Join us for an evening of inspiration.
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
5:30 – 9:00 PM
2300 SIERRA BOULEVARD
Join San Juan Education Foundation for an elegant evening celebrating excellence in education. This year, our focus is STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) and we have chosen alumni honorees for the STARS Hall of Fame who have excelled in those areas. Money raised at this annual gala supports innovative learning opportunities for the K-12 students of all San Juan Unified School District schools.
An Evening with the STARS
Join us on Friday,September 27, 2019for an elegant evening celebrating excellence in education. This year, our focus is STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math). Honorees include:
- Scott Pease (Bella Vista), developer of iconic video games like Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, and Call of Duty.
- Dr. H. Michael Shepard (Del Campo), award winning biologist in cancer research and treatment.
- Dr. Heidi Poppelreiter Parris (Casa Roble), NASA flight controller for the International Space Station.
Learn more: sjefeveningwiththestars.com
- Lasker Foundation Award Shepard Bio: http://www.laskerfoundation.org/awards/show/herceptin-targeted-antibody-therapy-breast-cancer/#hmichael-shepard
- Michael Shepard Article(just published yesterday!)regarding Lasker Award and Herceptin:https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(19)30947-X (also attached pdf below)
- Lasker Video Explaining HER2 and Herceptin:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFXVprOlu84&feature=youtu.be